We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to extract and analyze data from different type of documents. You will be working with large data sets combing structured and unstructured data. You will be building a team of Data Scientists to develop products and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and apply the latest innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and related technologies.
- Lead and support research and development efforts to explore the applicability of emerging machine learning and artificial intelligence methods to address client challenges and identify and prioritize emerging methods and challenges for original research or proof of concepts.
- Lead and support efforts to identify, shape, capture, and deliver data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence contracts.
- Work with clients and internal team to build analytic strategies, technology roadmaps, implementation plans, and research initiatives
- Lead and develop a strong team of data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, and artificial intelligence specialists.
- Over 5 years of experience with machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, Natural Language Processing, etc.) and algorithms for addressing a variety of problems
- Over 5 years of experience with leading or managing delivery teams, projects and development efforts.
- Over 3 years of experience with programming, including in machine learning frameworks (TensorFLow, PyTorch), python, Spark
- Very Strong Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL
- Experience with business development, client or customer relationship management
- Experience with developing effective delivery or research teams, including recruiting, hiring, mentoring, coaching, and managing team members
- Ability to effectively communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences, including presenting to senior executives
- BA or BS degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, CS, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Research
MS degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field preferred; PhD degree a plus
Northern Virginia (Currently Remote)